Save time, money, and trees
To get started, please visit Customer Service.
1. Don’t share your secrets such as social security number, account information, PINs, passwords to anyone who contacts you online or over the phone
2. Shred sensitive paper such as receipts bank statements, unused credit card offers.
3. Keep an eye out for missing mail and consider online banking to reduce the likelihood of statements being stolen from your mailbox and never mail bills from your own mailbox with the flag up.
4. Use online banking which allows you to easily and regularly monitor your financial accounts for fraudulent activity. Sign up for text or email alerts from your bank and credit card companies for certain types of transactions.
5. Monitor your credit report by ordering a free copy of your credit report every four months from one of the credit reporting agencies at annualcreditreport.com
6. Protect your computer by using virus protection software. Make sure your browser’s padlock or key icon is active and look for an “s” after the “http” to be sure the website is secure.
7. Protect your mobile device by using the passcode lock on your smartphone and other devices. Use caution downloading apps and avoid opening links and attachments, especially from senders you don’t know.
8. Before you donate, sell, or trade your mobile device, be sure to wipe it using specialized software or using the manufacturer’s recommended technique.
9. Report any suspected fraud to your bank immediately because the faster they know, the faster they can begin to resolve your problem.